Friday, November 27, 2009

Keeping it Simple

I do love to create layers and layers on my projects, but sometimes it really is a case of using a more simple design to get your point across.

When we bumped into one of Lauren's school friends at the park, the girls took the opportunity to play together (they don't normally at school). The best thing was, that her friend liked to pose for the camera!

The Cottage Garden collection by Crate Paper are a wonderful mix of colours and patterns. Of course all the papers are double-sided so double the value! By sticking to a simple design, I could go mad with my flower embellishments. Flowers are one of my staple go-to embellishments when I need something pretty.



I love to add a little sugar-coating to my flowers using a Snow Writer and ultra-fine gltter. I just adore the way they sparkle. Don't forget to add some leaves to your cluster of flowers as this really helps to bring them altogether.

Why not pop into the Ally Scraps store - I spied the lovely Very Merry collection from October Afternoon *Swoon* and fabulous vintage embellishments from Melissa Frances (I need one of these Christmas Trees). There are more vintage findings from Graphic 45, Craft Secrets and gorgeous Christmas papers from Websters Pages. I hope that Santa leaves some in my stocking!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Morag x

4 comments:

laterg8r said...

what a darling LO - gotta love kids who love the camera :D

Erika M. said...

Such a sweet layout!

Cathy said...

Very pretty, love the flowers!

prashant said...

gotta love kids who love the camera


Work from home India