Saturday, September 6, 2008

Making your own chipboard buttons

I have a really fast and easy way to show you how to make your own chipboard buttons from the patterned papers you may have lying around in your stash--
For my example, I chose the brand new line from Graphics 45 at Allyscraps. You'll need some chipboard to make the buttons, a circle punch or die-cut machine to make your "buttons", a hole punch, Diamond Glaze, your paper, and a glue stick.


Start by cutting circles from the chipboard and patterned paper and then adhere the two together. You can stamp on top of the button to add a little texture, or leave it like it is--I chose to stamp on top of my patterned paper for a different look--


When it's dry, punch two holes in the middle of the circle to give it a "button" look. Add the Diamond Glaze on top to give it a glazed, 3-D look and let it dry for at least 2 hours.

Add some ribbon or floss, and you instantly have a really cool coordinating button for your layout--

Add some bling to the top of your buttons, or leave them as is...




This is a quick and easy way to add your own embellies to your pages!!

This layout I made of my mother-in-law to frame and hang on my wall in my home---



Happy Scrapping!!!

~~Kary

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Very lovely LO. The layered embellishments are perfect for the vintage look!

Wendy said...

Very lovely LO. I love the layered embellishments!

Morag Cutts said...

OMG Kary that LO is GORGEOUS! Wow Wee. Those buttons are fab.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory