Sunday, July 6, 2008

Great Value

I simply love it when you open a package and it's just such great value for money. This house album from Maya Road is one such package. The gorgeous thick chipboard pages are just ripe for altering with patterned paper or paints. There are a huge 8 pages which is more than enough for an album.



I covered my album with the latest Daydream Collection from October Afternoon and Honey Pie Collection from Cosmo Cricket. These versatile papers and embellishments suit all sorts of projects.

I find the simplest way to cover chipboard is using a wet glue such as Modge Podge or PVA. Ensure that any bubbles disappear by burnishing your project with either a brayer or flat object such as a ruler, old credit card.

Once the paper is dry, trim edges with a sharp craft knife and sand edges for a perfect finish.



You may wish to ink the edges - I've used Distress Inks applied with a sponge. Doodle if you dare for extra definition!




I love the front window and stamped images from
OA's Night Owl stamp set which are set in one corner. Have real fun decorating with more stamps using the Home Sweet Home set.



Remember that value? The extra pages make excellent projects ideal as a gift for someone special. So this one will be for Cathy over at the store.



You could use a photo or I've used a quote as Cathy is illusive!

There are a huge range of these fun albums here. I know I'll be adding more to my collection!

Happy crafting.

Morag x

1 comment:

Arlene Camacho said...

wow, how gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!